Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:59:44 +0200
From:      "Alessandro de Manzano" <demanzano@playstos.com>
To:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SSH failed on 4.0-S

Hi all!

(sorry for bad english!)

I've installed a 4.0-R box from CD, then CVSUPped to 4.0-S last friday. All went ok, but now I'm configuring SSH (OpenSSH) and
I've problems.

After successufully generating an host key, I copied my "old" SSH user key into ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (as user)
then from another box I did the usual "ssh -C gandalf" (gandalf is the new 4.0-S box name) but it got rejected by remote.

in /var/log/messages on gandalf I found :

Jun 19 10:48:27 gandalf sshd[438]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

sshd does not exits, a "ps ax" still lists it.

Note that I already did all this procedure on a 3.4-S machine and it worked fine !

Help ! What could I do ?

Thanks !

Alessandro de Manzano

Playstos - TIMA S.p.A.