Date:      Tue, 22 May 2018 12:30:37 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@nethead.se>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/joomla3 port installs from GitHub, why?

Quoting Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>:

> Because that is the way I inherited it.
>
> I may look into changing it, but if you generate a patch, I'll look at it.

I have checked over at joomla.org and my view is supported, read
https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=962183

"I had a read of the freebsd messages and you are correct it is
completely wrong to use that archive in this use case. You are correct
that the correct package is the release one"

I suspect that the way the port is set up now can lead to serious
security issues for unknowing users. After looking around at Github I
think it should not be too difficult to fetch
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/releases/download/3.8.7/Joomla_3.8.7-Stable-Full_Package.zip
instead of
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/archive/3.8.7.zip

For the "devel" discussion that followed in this thread I leave that
to the folks who know better but it is now quite clear that the port
is not suited for its intended purpose in its current state.

Thanks,

//per