Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:09:28 -0500
From:      leegold <leegold@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp.conf

Thanks, I've read this page. It's from version 2.2
and seems to be for chap authentication. Erols
my ISP does not use chap anymore.

I think the documentation for as essential a thing
as connecting to an ISP that does not use pap/chap
is not good.

Thank god for this Linux book by Hofler I have.
It's helped me more than anything else. Maybe I should
try Debian.

I just don't see why this all has to be such a hack.
Millions of people use Rcn/starpower/erols, why can't
FreeBSd say "Lets have config. for the 20 major ISPs",
you update the scripts like ports.

Who cares. I'll figure it out this weekend thanks
for the assistance