Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:30:27 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Malloc problem with Blender 1.36

Hello,

I posted this to the Blender mailing list but I do not know how many
FreeBSD users are there. The problem might be more related to FreeBSD than
Blender.

Anyway - the problem: I downloaded the blacksmith tutorial and tried to
run it ('blender blacksmith/blacksmith.blend'). After pressing the "ANIM"
button, blender freezes for about 10 seconds and exits with the error
message 'Malloc returns nill: len=768 in Tile3'.

Did anybody else run into this?

BTW: The machine is an AMD K6-2-300 running FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE.
Blender's version is 1.36.

	Roland