Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:42:47 +0100
From:      Jakub Palider <jpa@semihalf.com>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hiren panchasara <hiren@strugglingcoder.info>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, karels@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FLOWTABLE aka TCP route caching panic

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:05:09 -0800
Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 02:10:33PM -0800, hiren panchasara wrote:
> h> > Hi,
> h> > I have found that last month (19 Oct) the problem appeared on this list,
> h> > and to my experience it persists, both on VM and bare metal installation
> h> > (HEAD from yesterday). I looks that enabling FLOWTABLE option is the only
> h> > source of this fault happening. It appears on our setup in 80% cases within
> h> > one hour from boot up.
> h> > From our debugging, it is caused by lock on DESTROYED lock. Did you find a
> h> > solution to this problem?
>
> Not yet.
>
> I'm pretty sure that reverting my r307234 will fix your crashes. However, I still
> believe that r307234 is a proper way of fixing things, not r300854 which just
> plugged the problem in the nearest place to the crash. But as we all see r307234
> is definitely missing some code path, which still allows for stale route to be
> referenced.
>
> --
> Totus tuus, Glebius.

Thank you for your pointer, in helped at some point. The problem
however returned, especially when under heavy, continuous load. We are
running 4 iperf3 processes, each having 4 threads, and the machine
dies after 30-60 minutes of TCP traffic. I am running  rS30911112 from
Nov 24.
On FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE this problem (1 full day of testing) was not
noticed. Could you point to related commits that might also influence
this behaviour?
Thanks,
Jakub