Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:31:39 -0600
From:      Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: pcm says `channel dead' with snd_hda

I asked this question on freebsd-stable, but they tell me to ask this here.
Here is the original mail. Recently, I updated my kernel & world. And I
found that this problem becomes worse -- my /var/log/message was filled up
with something like

Dec 14 08:13:16 compaq kernel: pcm0: chn_write(): pcm0:virtual:dsp0.vp0:
play interrupt timeout, channel dead

It's really a problem now.