Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:09:07 -0500
From:      David Drum <david@mu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the best color in xterm background for ur eyes??

Quoth Jeffrey Vehrs:

> I'd like to know which color is the best for your eyes in xterm
> background?  Some color can strain ur eyes, but which one is good for
> ur eyes without any straining?

Personally, I use "blue4" background and "yellow" foreground.  Your eyes
cannot focus on blue as well as yellow, I have read (not in the document
I reference below), and the overall effect is that the yellow characters
seem to "float" imperceptibly above the blue background.

I would suggest the article available at
http://vera.inforamp.net/~poynton/notes/reducing_eyestrain/
for a more complete discussion of the topic.

Regards,

David Drum
david@mu.org