Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:35:14 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 06:21:40PM -0600, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> > I recently upgraded one of my machines to 5.1-current, and for some rea=
son I keep getting "Share object 'libintl.so.4' not found" errors when I at=
tempt to install from ports or execute certain commands/programs. I read th=
at upgrading my version of gettext would fix the issue, but it has not. Is =
there any other way to get this object?
>=20
> The simple fix:
>=20
> 1) teach your MUA to insert line breaks at reasonable places, and
>=20
> 2) ln /usr/lib/libintl.so.4 /usr/lib/libintl.so.5

Please don't give bogus advice.  The solution is to update everything
that depends upon gettext, e.g. by using portupgrade.

Kris

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--