Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:32:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC-7895 (on-board double-channel SCSI)

In article <199712232011.VAA13879@uriah.heep.sax.de> you wrote:
> Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net> wrote:

>> Does anyone know what the plan(s) are to replace the existing SCSI
>> code with the CAM code?

> Justin should know. ;)

> It needs to get ready first...  One would hope it'll be in releasable
> state right in time before 3.0, the ``earthquake release''.

> (I realize that this code constitutes a huge amount of work...)

For the hardware it supports, it is in a "releasable" state.  The trouble
is, it doesn't support enough hardware yet.  I'm hopeful that as more
people start using the code, I'll get more offers to write new controller
and peripheral drivers.

Will it make 3.0?  That depends on when 3.0 comes out and how much time
Ken and I have between now and then to work on it.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations