Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:53:13 +0100
From:      "Dimitry Andric" <dim@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vnc-3.3.3.2 port coredumps, old version didn't

Hi,

Is there a good way to go back to an old version of a port? I've used
cvsup to update my ports collection, and I noticed that ports/net/vnc
was updated to 3.3.3.2 (I was running 3.3.3.1 at that moment). It
compiled without any problems, but coredumps (sig 11 in
getsockname(2)) as soon as my wm (ports/x11-wm/icewm) starts. This
did not happen with the previous version, in fact, I've run that for
quite some time without a hitch.

I tried "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs co -r
RELEASE_4_1_1 ports/net/vnc", and that gives me the 3.3.3.1 version,
but when I try to compile it, it complains "this port is using an old
layout". Is there any other way to do this except downloading a
binary package?

Btw, I'm using FreeBSD 4.2-BETA, cvsupped and built approx Nov 5.

Cheers,
--
Dimitry Andric <dim@xs4all.nl>
PGP key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~dim/dim.asc