Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:00:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        John Barbee <jbarbee@singular.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where should system cron scripts go?

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, John Barbee wrote:

>hello,
>	i'm in the process of adding a number of shell and perl scripts to
>perform system and network tasks.  these scripts will be called
>periodically by cron from root's crontab.  what would be the most proper
>place for these scripts?  should i just put them in /etc/ with daily and
>weekly?

You can put your code into /etc/daily or /etc/weekly. You can also right
you crontab such that it runs the script at the appointed time.

There is no "most proper" way, although I would say that if your stuff is
weekly, then use /etc/weekly.

Also, 3.0 puts this stuff into /etc/periodic/weekly and so forth.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/