Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 21:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   exporting an MFS partion? Anyone?

Hello,

   Approximately 2 months ago I posted a question concerning the
inability of -current (the only version I run) to export an MFS
mounted file system. In my case, from one -current machine to the
next:

bb01f01# mount_nfs bb01f40:/mfs /mnt
bb01f01# ls /mnt
ls: /mnt: Input/output error
bb01f01#

   On May 4, Peter Weck posted a very similar article. In neither
postings was there any replies (that I know of).

   Could someone with the knowlege of how to export an MFS please
post the info? Or, if it is not possible, could one of the core
architects please explain why it won't work (architecture, or lack
of man hours)?

   My goal is nfs mountable MFS. And, I am willing to work on it.

Thanks!
John