Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:21:06 +0400
From:      Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GTK

--Signature=_Wed__22_Oct_2003_15_21_06_+0400_X0wxIZ9f9R_pTTSG

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:54:47 +1000 "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au> probably wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Thank You very much to C Ulrich and Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko for your
[name corrected]
> help with my GTK problem. Unfortunately I think that  C Ulrich is right in
> that I will have to install again from scratch. Unfortunately reinstalling

At least you are wiser now...

> GTK, gettext etc. has not helped. Ohh well, practice make perfect, and
> Sergey, you have started something now, what on earth does 'In the words of
> M. Bulghakov, "Annushka uzhe razlila maslo..."' mean ? Thank you both so much
[quotation corrected]

It's a quotation from "Master and Margharet". It means (not literally,
but here) that the thing that sentenced you was already done and there's
little you can do about it (I guess the rest about it is OT, so you
should read the book to find out more:).

You might not have to reinstall FreeBSD from scratch, you could just try
wiping out /usr/local, /usr/X11R6, /var/db/pkg and starting all over
again (but that's rather close to reinstalling).

If you will want to recollect what ports you have (so that, when
reinstalling, you don't miss anything), something like

$ ls /var/db/pkg>~/portsList

will help (surely before you delete /var/db/pkg).

--
DoubleF
You think Oedipus had a problem -- Adam was Eve's mother.