Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:24:20 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Subject:   Re: Accessing FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE filesystems from 4.0-STABLE...

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 01:40:05PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20000325162012.B62552@lucifer.bart.nl> Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven writes:
> : Block/character device collapsing breaking you up now?
> :
> : /dev/ Should only be character devices now.
>
> I was surprised how many block devices were in my /dev when I did a ls
> -l /dev | grep ^b.
>
> Maybe we should put something in /etc/daily in -current to whine about
> all block devices in /dev :-)

At a slight tangent; could removal of block devices be the cause of
this message when starting the ddd debugger?

gdb: warning: cannot set file to non-blocking mode: Resource
temporarily unavailable

and when exiting:

gdb: warning: cannot restore file mode: Resource temporarily unavailable

Possibly trying to set a device (the pipe?) to non-blocking when it
already is?

> Warner

Seminars, n.:
       From "semi" and "arse", hence, any half-assed discussion.