Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 2015 22:38:34 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, ljboiler@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: java/eclipse (eclipse-4.5.1) does not build on 11-CURRENT amd64

Hi!

> The port java/eclipse (from head in ports) does not build on amd64; it
> fails with the message of the VM:
>
> ===>  Building for eclipse-4.5.1
> Could not allocate metaspace: 1073741824 bytes
>
> The full log is attached (I deleted only the depency messages).
>
> Any idea how to build it within poudriere?

You probably need more RAM. I've build it in poudriere (with 11-cur-amd64)
when I test-build it. I have not measured how much it needs, but the box
I tested on has 32 GB of RAM and 36 GB of swap.

I can provide a build log if it helps ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !