Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:15:22 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi hard drive

Rick Knebel <rknebel@rknebel.csrlink.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just purchased a mylex(buslogic) ultra wide scsi adapter and am in
> the market for a 4.5 gig ultra wide scsi hard drive.
>
> Could someone give me advice as to the most dependable one, at a reasonable
> price, and where to get the best deal.

***

Someone told me that IBM drives are the premier choice. Personally I run two
Quantum Viking II drives and I'm in stuck with them and ncr875 controller.
With Adaptec controller those drives run quite well. I upgraded my system to
the CAM and maybe this makes difference...

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee