Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:58:09 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Finding a file with wrong permissions

I managed to install a pkg that I created and somehow the file
+COMMENT wasn't created in /var/db/pkg/portname.  I touched +COMMENT
in the correct directory because pkg_info was complaining about a
missing +COMMENT.  Some time has gone by and I have forgotten which
port it is.  Now pkg_info complains:

pkg_info: show_file: can't open '+COMMENT' for reading

I'm looking for a way to locate this file.

#find /var/db/pkg -perm 644 -name +COMMENT | wc -l
     378

#pkg_info | wc -l
pkg_info: show_file: can't open '+COMMENT' for reading
     379

I've looked through the manpage for find and can't find a 'not'
modifier.  Is there an easy way to find a file that doesn't have a
specific permission.  ie something like:

#find /var/db/pkg -perm !644 -name +COMMENT

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel