Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:50:04 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Andrew.Hodgson@lpc.tv
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OFF TOPIC - please help!! (FAQ's by email needed)

In the last episode (Nov 26), Andrew.Hodgson@lpc.tv said:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am in need of help - I'm stuck at work (night shift, television tx
> in London) and I am hopelessly underprepared, with no access to the
> net other than email, and I've been surviving in the past by
> subscribing to all the FreeBSD mailing lists. But it occurred to me
> that I might be able to pull some FAQ's and other stuff from mit.edu
> or some other general repository of information. I thought there
> might be a way to do this

Try this.  Send an email To: mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu
Enter only this line in the BODY of the message:
    send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email

That document will show you how to FTP, read Usenet news, browse the
web, access IMDB, and yes, download FAQs :) via email.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com