Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:48:19 -0500
From:      Jack Harris <me@jharris.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail Hangs when Cisco Router pemits only ports, 20,21,25,53,80,110,113?

My FreeBSD 2.2.5 RELEASE will not get past the sendmail daemon when
booting.
Everything boots fine when i dont have cisco access lists in place
allowing only ports 20, 21, 25, 53, 80, 110 and 113.
port 20, 21 tcp only
port 25 tcp and udp
port 53 tcp and udp
port 80 tcp only
port 110 tcp only
ports greater than 1023 tcp and udp
All established sessions are permited.

A real weird thing is, the system can be up and then I put in the
Cisco Access-Lists and the network works as expected.
If I restart the FBSD machine it will hang everytime on starting the
sendmail daemon and will only pass through that part when I remove the
access list from the router.

What happens on boot when Sendmail gets started?
What port(s) is it using?

Is this a sendmail thing, DNS, or other config???
resolv.conf has
nameserver	127.0.0.1
nameserver	ip of machine in it.

Regards,