Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 2015 22:10:41 -0400
From:      Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
To:        FreeBSD FS <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS & ZFS: how to export whole FS hierarhy to mount it with one command on client?

On Aug 1, 2015, at 7:04, Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I had "/usr/home" UFS exported to several hosts (all of them are =
FreeBSD),
> and it worked as intended: remote host mounted "server:/usr/home" and =
got
> all user home dirs.

I hope you mean NFS exported...

> Now I converted "/usr/home" to ZFS and created one FS per user (so, =
here is
> FSes "zhome/lev", "zhome/sveta", etc., on pool "zhome=94).

Why are you using one zfs dataset per user ? That was a recommendation =
very early on in the days of zfs before user level quotas. Other than =
the ability to snapshot individual user=92s home directories, what is =
that configuration getting you ?

--
Paul Kraus
paul@kraus-haus.org