Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 03:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      GESBBB <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Question about support for HP D1560 printer under FreeBSD

> =A0From: Manish Jain invalid.pointer@gmail.com=0A=0A> Hi,=0A> =0A> I am a=
bout to buy a new printer (my first one actually) and my retailer strongly =
=0A> recommends HP's D1560 printer (USB). I am running ghostscript8-8.62_5 =
under =0A> FreeBSD 7.1 and I can't see this model listed anywhere in apsfil=
ter. So I just =0A> want to confirm whether I could get this=A0 printer to =
run on my system ?=0A=0AAccording to the http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-w=
eb/index.html=A0site, your printer is supported. Install the '/print/hplip'=
 port. Be sure to read the documentation=A0on=A0configuring the program.=0A=
=0AI have hplip and cups installed on my system to support two HP wireless =
printers, and it works fine.=0A=0A-- =0AJerry=0A=0AAnd God said, "Let there=
 be light. "But then the program crashed because he was trying to access th=
e 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.