Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 04:10:05 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Bas Willems" <next@euronet.nl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: better free then to become a slave..

Well, consider that if your using FreeBSD on your servers and at home
then you are a member of the FreeBSD community.  So if you think the
community is becoming dirtier and unreliable then your talking about
yourself.

>The issue's about FreeBSD is better then LInux or Microsoft to bring out its
>C# to FreeBSD etc.etc. make me worry a lot.
>As intrests in FreeBSD tent to grow so is the FreeBSD developers and
>community hunger to power and money.

Ah yes, you finally figured out that FreeBSD and it's developers is selling
out.  In a few short years we will be indistinguishible from Microsoft I'm
afraid.  Get out now before it's too late!!!

>Is FreeBSD becoming a redmond slave?
>Is FreeBSD so arrogant that its loosing its grip on its users?

Yes yes!!  The mad, power-hungry FreeBSD user community and it's developers
has developed an arrogance that surpassed the admirable and has become
truly awesome!!!!!!

>I would like to annouce to you that i will drop FreeBSD (i alway bought the
>software to support development) and will switch to Linux and OpenBSD.

Oh, no!  Mortally wounded we stagger away...

>Rather be Free then to be a become a redmond slave...

Wonderful!  Your now a proud, card-carrying member of the Open Source
UNIX-like operating system group that each day strives to make it's
distribution more useful, more easy to configure, so that anyone's
grandmother can install it.  Why, the gPLoup has become so wonderful,
such a bastion of independence that it would be unthinkable that
Big Blu.. I mean Microsoft Blue, could ever even think of making
an announcement that they were dropping their own operating system in
favor of selli.. I mean providing Linux on all their commerci..  I mean
computer products.

After all, the entire Linux community would rise up in furious anger if
so much as the installation program for Linux would in any way, shape or form
even remotely resemble Windows, or even a GUI similar to Windows.  Linux
is a proud distribution, it would never stoop to ripping off I mean copying
a dirty, filthy graphical installation program such as the likes of Microsoft
uses on their Windows products.  The first Linux distribution that would
dare to sell ou.. I mean offer a Windows-like installer would be held against
the wall and shot!!!

And if copying the graphical interface wasn't bad enough, no upstanding Linux
devotee would ever continue to use Linux if large commercial PC manufacturers
like Compaq would ever dare to offer it as a standard pre-load on their
commercial servers.  Such an idea would be unthinkable, the lowest form of
selling out imaginable.  No, Linux would NEVER do such a thing!!!  Whereas,
I couldn't say the same thing about FreeBSD, why if Compaq were to even make a
noise about offering FreeBSD as a preload on their commercial servers, you
know that sell-out, dirty FreeBSD developers would be all over it
immediately!!!!

Yes, your much, much better off in the Linux-land.  There, you will be
surrounded by a community that's just like you - isn't it amazing how so
many people can share the same......

delusion?