Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:12:23 -0500
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        Blake Freeburg <blakef@mrdata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd, Apache, and Frontpage...

Actually my previous email wasn't very clear. :-)

In your httpd.conf there is a line:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl      (Or something close)

Since the file fpexe doesn't have an extension Apache never invokes the
handler even if the execute bit is set.  You could add a .cgi or
something to the filename but that would screw up the URL, but since
Apache is so cool you can the option:

Options Multiviews

To either your httpd.conf or a .htaccess file.  Apache will see the
fpexe in the URL and use it's internal rules to find a match for that
file.

Hope this helps, and good luck!