Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:18:23 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Robert Sexton <robert@kudra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus bridge doesn't attach anymore.

> I applied Martin Nilsson's patches to my ThinkPad, and for a while,
> it correctly probed the O2Micro Cardbus bridge.  (And the TI Bridge)
>
> Now the system is correctly probing the TI Bridge, but it doesn't seem
> to be id'ing the O2Micro Bridge.  (And yes, the patches are still in
> there :-) )
>
> Could this be related to NPCI=1 in the kernel config?

No; NPCI isn't used anywhere (important).

> It seems to know that its a bridge, but thats about it:
>
> pci0: <PCI bus> on acpi_pcib0
> pci0: <multimedia, audio> at 0.1 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <simple comms> at 0.2 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <display, VGA> at 2.0 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <bridge, PCI-CardBus> at 3.0 (no driver attached)

The pccbb probe logic is a bit stupid, I think.  I'd be guessing that at
any rate, something has spammed over the patches you've applied.  I
haven't actually seen this patch, so I can't comment, sorry, but if I
were you, I'd re-check-out the relevant files and re-patch them first.