Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 09:28:15 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        paleph@pacbell.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on freebsd extattr* system calls

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 07:24:43PM -0700, paleph@pacbell.net wrote:
> Quick question
>=20
> Are there man pages available for the extattr* FreeBSD system calls?
> I see the following 4 system calls in the sysent table:
>=20
> 	extattrctl
> 	extattr_set_file
> 	extattr_get_file
> 	extattr_delete_file
>=20
> I am interested in the possible use of these to add ancillary
> security attributes to file system objects.

If you're looking at a FreeBSD 4.x syscalls.master file, those syscall
names and numbers are there for compatibility purposes only.  They are
actually implemented in 5.0-CURRENT, and yes, there is a manual page
describing them there.

I do not think that there are any plans of merging the extended
attributes support functionality into FreeBSD 4.x; however, you might
want to check with the TrustedBSD Project site http://www.trustedbsd.org/
for more details.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wou=
ldn't be false.

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum--