Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 16:24:27 -0400
From:      "Morse, Richard E." <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        'Giorgos Keramidas' <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Updating question (yes, I know that this has been rehashed ma ny t imes...)

Giorgos Keramidas [mailto:keramida@freebsd.org] wrote:

> This is exactly what UPDATING contains for RELENG_4_5 too :)
>
> Look near line 387, and you will see exactly the text that the

/me blushes

Thanks -- I missed seeing that because of the huge block of instructions for
updating from 3.x to 4.x right above it...

> > Thanks for posting the correct instructions -- it is much
> clearer than in
> > the handbook...
>
> Hmmm, if the Handbook was unclear in some place, it should be fixed.
> What was the part that got you confused?

Now that I've seen the quick list, just stateing what needs to be run in
what order, reading the handbook makes sense.  I think that if an "overview"
section of some sort were to be added, or perhaps a "recapitulation", that
had the summary, without all of the explanation, it would be helpful.  I got
lost in keeping track of all the different possible things that I could do.

Ricky