Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:49:08 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD-4.11 Release Candidate 1 Available

Ken Smith <kensmith@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Announcement
> ------------
>
> The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability
> of FreeBSD 4.11-RC1, which marks the beginning of the FreeBSD 4.11 Release
> Cycle.  This will be the last of the FreeBSD 4.X releases.  It is meant

These long-standing bugs are still open, in decreasing order of
importance. I checked 60313 and 44260 a few moments ago with a current
RELENG_4_11 CVS, and haven't seen any followups on 46866 and 71453.

kern/60313  data destruction
            (kernel access wrong address on block device)

bin/46866   nondeterministic NIS returns
            (this has been messing up NIS-based systems for ages
            with users gone one moment and appearing the next)

bin/71453   tcpdump segfaults on PPP IPV6CP traffic
            (includes a suggested solution, perhaps MFC suffices)

kern/44260  LINT does not list pseudo-device tap
            (trivial to fix)

--
Matthias Andree