Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:30:51 -0500
From:      "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   wireless iwi breaking in 6.1-R-p10 to 6.1-R-p11 upgrade

I've been running 6.1-R-p10 for months now without any issues.  After
I upgraded last night, wpa_supplicant is broken.   When I run it in
debug mode, I see it repeat this error message:

Starting AP scanbroadcast SSID)
ioctl[SIOCS80211]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCS80211, op 23, arg 0x0]: Invalid argument
Failed to initiate AP scan.
Setting scan request: 10 sec 0 usec

Any clue what the problem might be?

My wpa_supplicant.conf file hasn't been changed for 2 months.  I've
been running the FreeBSD version of wpa_supplicant, but today I tried
installing the wpa_supplicant-0.3.8_2 port to see if that would work,
it did not and failed with the error messages.

I verified that the correct kernel modules are being loaded.  I
switched back to the GENERIC kernel profile, rm -rf /usr/obj/*, and
did another full make buildworld && make kernel and installation
procedure.

At the boot prompt, if I unload the new kernel, then load
/boot/kernel.old/kernel and boot, I still get the same wpa_supplicant
errors.

Any ideas?

--
Andy Harrison