Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        sderdau@bit-net.com (Stephen Derdau)
Cc:        ru@ucb.crimea.ua, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Stephen Derdau wrote:
> I don't think they expire....
> If mail is sent to the address and bounces back a few times they will
> take it off the list I believe.
> If that didn't happen then I would say something happened
> on their end .
> Hope this helps

	no we do not expire people, we have talked about doing
	it but have chosen not to force people to renew their
	subscriptions every X months.

	if an address bounces more that ~20 messages in a day,
	without warning me first, that address may be removed
	from all the FreeBSD mailing lists.

	therefore, to stay on the lists:
	1. make sure that your DNS never disappears
		get others to provide a secondary DNS server for you
		offer to do the same for them.
	2. make sure that you have at least one MX record
	   that points offsite.
		offer to do the same for someone else.
	3. never let your MX hosts stay down or more than a couple days.

jmb