Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:42:39 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Kresimir Kumericki <kkumer@phy.hr>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why do I have lib*_p.a?

Kresimir Kumericki wrote:

> On (19 Apr 15:51), John Baldwin wrote:
>> On 19-Apr-00 Kresimir Kumericki wrote:
>>> after make world I still have lots of _p.a libraries in
>>
>> They might still be left over from your initial installation.  The
>> initial install installs profiled libs by default.
>
>  Yes. Looking at the dates I see that these are old libraries from
> the initial binary installation. Is it safe to just delete them all?

If you don't want to use profiled libraries, yes.  If you don't even
know what they are or what they're for, yes.  (They're only used for
debugging AFAIK, so no standard piece of FreeBSD needs them if you don't
use them to debug any software you write.)

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D