Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:10:40 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more stupid questions

alissa bader wrote:

> But I get the following message whenever I try to login using my account:
>
> Jan 13 17:22:59 highlow login:_securepath: /home/alissa/.login_conf is not
> owned by uid 1000

I assume that ``alissa'' is uid 1000, yes? (Type ``id alissa'' to find
out, or just ``id'' if you've logged in as alissa.)

$ ls -l /home/alissa/.login_conf

will show who it is owned by. It looks like you've changed your own uid or
something like that, or maybe that file has been created owned by root,
for some reason. What are other files in your home directory owned by? It
might be best to just change your id number back to whatever it was
before, if indeed it has changed for some reason.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key