Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 21:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual P5-100 support

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > > It's not available yet in -current (it will be when it's ready).
> >
> > 	Hmmm, so is it available in -stable then?
>
> Uh, Vince - that's a highly inane question..  If it's not in our
> bleeding edge sources, why do you think for even a millisecond that it
> would be in our -stable branch? :-)

That's not too fair, Jordan.  Example: FreeBSD native ELF support was
available first under stable (that's where John Polstra was doing his
work) before it was brought into current.

Personally, I'm not happy that we have 2 separate branches that are the
subject of original development, but I don't work at such levels, so I
haven't commented before on it.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |