Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:55:47 +0200
From:      Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org, Rainer Goellner <rainer@jabbe.de>
Subject:   Re: AVM BlueFritz!

Hi Maksim,

> >> i have a report which clearly states that AVM BlueFritz! usb adapter
> >> does not work with ng_ubt(4). i also have a dump of all usb interfaces
> >> and endpoints that does not look like H:2 standard compliant. i'm
> >> pretty sure that at the time i saw special Linux driver for the
> >> device. i did not port it because i did not have the device.
> >>
> > Sounds like a pre v2.0 BlueFritz!.
> >
> > I'm sure you know about this; anyway, it may be of some help:
> >  http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html
>
> yes, i've seen this page. however it has been awhile. i see it has been
> updated. thanks!

there exists two AVM BlueFRITZ! dongles with different USB product ids:

        /* AVM BlueFRITZ! USB */
        { USB_DEVICE(0x057c, 0x2200) },

        /* AVM BlueFRITZ! USB v2.0 */
        { USB_DEVICE(0x057c, 0x3800) },

The version 1.0 (with id 0x2200) needs a special driver and also a
firmware download to work. The version 2.0 (with id 0x3800) is a
standard H:2 dongle. They only didn't set the Bluetooth class for it.

Regards

Marcel