Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 19:31:27 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        Thomas Shay <tshay@email.unc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rec. PCMCIA cards for Thinkpad 600E

Thomas Shay wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad 600E (2645-UN1) that came with an internal modem and a
> CardJet 10/100 ethernet, neither of which work of course. I've just
> installed FreeBSD 4.0-release from WC CD. I want to buy modem and ethernet
> (100mbps) cards for this machine, so I have the opportunity to simply buy
> cards that work out of the box with 4.0. I've looked at the archives of
> this list, but it's difficult to determine which cards work witout a
> problem. Can anyone give me a recommendation of cards for this machine?

Bay Networks NETGEAR FA410TX 10/100Mbps and Xircom CreditCard Modem 56K
GlobalACCESS work just fine.

You can have a look at /etc/pccard.conf.sample or /etc/defaults/pccard.conf
for the list of definitely working cards. In general, don't buy any WinModem
or Combo cards.

Regards,
    Konstantin.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road