Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:45:56 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <gdunng@mac.com>
To:        "Terri L Goida" <tlgoida@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mp3 and FreeBSD

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000, Terri L Goida wrote:
> First off, let me just warn you that I haven't got a clue about the ins and
> outs of FreeBSD.  (I'm in the process of having a new machine set up - so
> I'll learn soon - I promise).
>
> Anyway - my boyfriend is a huge advocate of FreeBSD and uses it on all of
> his machines.  I'm interested in purchasing an MP3 Player for him - he is
> basically anti-Windows - Is there a compatible model for the FreeBSD
> operating system?  What would you recommend?
>
> Thanks so much -
>
> Terri L Goida

Check the FreeBSD ports, audio section
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/audio.html

and specifically
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/audio.html#krio-1999.07.21

So, a Diamond Rio would be a good prospect. I have not used this setup.  You
might find more written for Linux, and often those programs run on FreeBSD.

If you two are really geekie, check out the

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,18236,00.html

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/mp3ophono/

http://neon.mp3car.com/

or search Google on cajun mp3