Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:09:41 -0600
From:      "DaleCo Help Desk" <daleco@daleco.biz>
To:        "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: icecast

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 10:53 AM
Subject: icecast

> hello-
> i have icecast installed on my bsd box and it runs great. can
someone tell
> me how i can automatically start this program on boot?
>
> thanks,

Didn't you just ask this?

One fellow offered a shell script.  It's true
that another guy thought that wouldn't be
a good idea.  Did they forget to cc: you?
It doesn't appear so......

If you think a shell script is not the thing
for the reasons mentioned, you might use
crontab....depending on what user icecast
needs to be run as, put the following into
their crontab....

@reboot    /path/to/icecast -flag(s) argument(s)

If icecast has an apache-style APACI
program, you might call it at shutdown
to kill the daemon.....

@shutdown       command

Use 'crontab -e' to edit your/the crontab....

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.