Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:26:30 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Cc:        Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DES or MD5

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:22:15 EST, Rob Simmons wrote:

> Is there a way to configure FreeBSD to use SHA1?

At this time, I don't think so.  The login.conf(5) manual page suggests
that MD5 and DES are your only choices at this time.

I should have mentioned in my original reply that this thing would be
better handled on the freebsd-questions mailing list.

Please follow up on that list instead of the freebsd-security list.

Ciao,
Sheldon.