Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:39:56 -0200
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        mmca@2531.org
Cc:        mb@imp.ch, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh authentification broken, only public keys work

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

> I got this tonight on my ultra.  I thought it was sparc64 specific, glad
> I saw your post.  I cvsup'd 2 days ago.
>=20
> Im going to build OpenSSH from ports and see if it has the same error.

  I posted here about three or four days ago, saying that using the
  ports' version is a workaround to this issue. Apparently our base's
  version does not use PAM (it has a line "#undef USE_PAM" there). It's
  accompanied with a commentary that says to not use PAM for password
  authentication as the challenge/response mechanism is better.

  .fs

--=20
"Succumb to natural tendencies.  Be hateful and boring."

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--