Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:17:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ricochet 128K

The *existing* GS radios are external boxes with a dual USB/serial port
for host connectivity.

I believe Ben is talking about the *new*, as-yet-unreleased PC-Card Ricochet
radios. Sierra Wireless and Novatel Wireless have announced they will ship
these in 1Q01, if I recall correctly.

Moreover, the external Ricochet 128K radios work reasonably well with USB,
after some patches I submitted for umodem.c's former abuse of the tty layer
buffering model.

Alas, I don't know how the new PC-Card radios will appear (as plain-jane
modems or devices requiring a custom driver).

-Brad, bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu