Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:02:10 -0800
From:      jbarbee@singular.com (John Barbee)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pn0: watchdog timeout

Hi,
   Apparently, the ethernet card of a machine I'm installing has this PNIC
watchdog feature on it.
   Right now, this pops up

     Apr  1 13:19:35 nupharm-f /kernel: pn0: watchdog timeout
  Apr  1 13:28:43 nupharm-f /kernel: pn0: watchdog timeout
  Apr  1 13:29:09 nupharm-f /kernel: pn0: watchdog timeout
  Apr  1 13:29:58 nupharm-f last message repeated 3 times

I suppose this means that something within the OS didn't pay enough attention
to the card and since the machine didn't restart that also probably means the
reset switch is not hooked up.

But anyway, how do I prevent this from happening or disable the watchdog
feature?

john.