Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:08:58 -0700
From:      donc@compsvcs.com (Don Cohen)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        donc@compsvcs.com
Subject:    3CCFE575CT-D ethernet pcmcia card

(I've not had any replies from earlier messages sent to
questions@FreeBSD.org, but maybe this address is better?)

I'm trying to install freebsd on a machine with the above card,
which is not specifically listed in HARDWARE.TXT.
I called 3com to find out more about it.  It turns out to be made by
Dell (that's the -D on the end).  It's also a newer type of card
called a "cardbus" card, which evidently none of the other 3com cards
in the hardware list are.  This suggests that there simply is no
driver for it in freebsd, or at least in the generic configuration.

My current questions are therefore:
- Is this simply not supported un the generic configuration
  in which case I have to find another way to install, or is this
  actually compatible if I just find the right settings, in which
  case how can I do that?
- If this card is not supported in the generic configuration, is
  there some way to get it to work after I install?
  If so, how?  If not, is that likely to appear soon?
- If I need to install some other way, I'd like to install from the
  same disk which contains a linux file system.  How can I do that?

I hope someone out there can reply.
Thanks.