Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:44:50 +0200
From:      wijs <wijs@quicknet.nl>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with esd

Hallo,
Could anyone help me?
I have a problem with esd. I want to forward my sound from my server to
my desktop pc. I used esd for this.
On my desktop computer I forwarded my sound from my FreeBSD with the
command:
esdplay -s 10.10.10.20 wned.wav
Where 10.10.10.20 is my windows machine and wned.wav is a wav file. Then
I listened on my desktop pc with the command:
esd -promiscuous -tcp -public
It worked, I heard the sound. Then I wanted to forward sound from other
programs. I did this wtih esddsp. I used the command:
esddsp -s 10.10.10.20 mpg123 *.mp3

I have got the  error : bus error

bash-2.05b$ esddsp -v -s 10.10.10.20 -m mpg123 U2_walk_on.mp3
server:         10.10.10.20
name:           mpg123
command line:   mpg123 U2_walk_on.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Bus error

If I change the port it doesn't work it still gives the same error.Also
if I use another porgram instead of 'mpg123'. Only if the port of esd
and esddsp aren't equal or I don't listen with esd to the sound my
server doesn't give an error.

I hope someone could help me.