Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 1995 04:24:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        hackers
Subject:   Doc project status

Update. As of Jan 10, 1995, the FreeBSD docs group looks like:

FreeBSD Doc Project Manager:		position currently unfilled

------
Team Leaders:

Gary Clark, II				<gclarkii@freebsd.org>
James L. Robinson			<jlrobin@freebsd.org>
John Fieber				<jfieber@freebsd.org>
Jordan K. Hubbard			<jkh@freebsd.org>

------
Project members:

Ben Singer				<bsinger@databank.com>
Bill Pechter				<pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
Clay D. Hopperdietzel			<hoppy@appsmiths.com>
Glen Foster				<gfoster@osmre.gov>
Guy Helmer				<ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
Jaye Mathisen				<osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu>
Jeff Aitken				<jaitken@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
Joe Grosch				<joeg@wwa.com>
Joel Ward				<joew@propwash.ncrmicro.ncr.com>
Jon Cargille				<jcargille@cs.wisc.edu>
Marc van Kempen				<wmbfmk@urc.tue.nl>
Mark Murray				<mark@grondar.za>
Peter da Silva				<peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Steve Passe				<fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
Terry Lambert				<terry@cs.weber.edu>
Wilko Bulte				<wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>

------
Overall structure:

The manager will have total overall control of the doc project (and will be
a core team member).  He or she will hold at least quarterly discussious
with the team leaders and agree an appropriate "axe to grind" for each of
them.  I expect the team leaders will then recruit members of the project
team to go off and pursue whatever personal crusade they've taken on.

And in the beginning, at least, this IS going to be a crusade!  There's
a lot that needs doing out there and we're all standing at the brink.
I'm also truly gratified to see that there are as many volunteers as there
are - this is great!  If even half the people on this list genuinely get
involved, I can see a lot really coming out of this project!

					Jordan