Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 17:24:20 +0200
From:      "Reichmuth, Philipp" <p.reichmuth@gtw-bonn.de>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Solaris binary compatibility

Hello FreeBSD_Questions team!

Does FreeBSD execute Solaris binaries? (Since Solaris has a very BSD-esque
concept, I was just intrigued because it would allow me to run programs like
Java or possibly the Solaris port of the MS Internet exploder on a FreeBSD
machine.)

Would Solaris binary compatibility be difficult to implement or is it even
scheduled for a given point in the near or distant future?

Philipp