Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 15:08:03 -0800
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   For Engineers... Software Recommendation

I have spent a good bit of time working my favorite search engine over
looking for software for steam tables, air tables, and other
thermodynamics related software. Everything that comes up is for win95,
NT, or
mac. I cannot believe that there is _no_ unix scientific software
available. Even a few of the big Universities that I checked have
nothing save the software they provide only on shared resources.

I hope that someone out there has already found what I am looking for.
Could you please recommend a software package for steam tables, mollier
diagrams and the like?

While I am asking, what other useful programs can you recommend that a
budding engineer should not be without?

Thank you,
Jason Wells