Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:23:26 -0700
From:      "Firsto Lasto" <firstolasto@hotmail.com>
To:        Scott_Long@adaptec.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: transplanting disks with PERC raid controllers...

Ok, that is very good news.  The controller is a PERC 3/Di, and it uses the
aac driver.

When you say the controller probes the disks, do you mean, as the controller
BIOS is doing coming up during POST it just does it and asks me on the POST
screen, or do you mean I need to hit ctrl-A and go into the controller bios,
and at some point _in there_ it will ask me ?

If the answer is "you have to hit ctrl-a and go into the bios", I am curious
as to what would happen if I didn't - and I just let it boot ?

thanks!