Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:51:19 +0200
From:      "Paolo Pisati" <flag@libero.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail problem

I've some problems with my BSD box (4.1 STABLE) and sendmail.

1) Sendmail doesn't change my From: line of my email even if I use the -f
switch.
I launch sendmail with this parameters "-bd -fflag@libero.it", but all my
emails comes from flag@localhost
I MUST change that line...=P

2) Sendmail seems to be unable to resolve correctly my ip/name. I use dialup
so I haven't a DNS ready to respond to my request at any moment, and in my
/etc/hosts there is:

127.0.0.1    localhost    localhost.localdomain

Then if I telnet to localhost or localhost.localdomain 25 I get sendmail, so
it's seems to be ok.
But when I send an email to root@localhost.localdomain I get a
"localhost.localdomain: hostname lookup failure" ?!?!?!?
But if I send an email to root@localhost the email is delivered right. Why?
It seems to be very strange....

3) I have I dialup so anytime I try to send an email to other domain than
localhost I get a "cannot check MX...", I resolved this changing the
DeliveryMode from queue to deferred but I dislike this solution....

Wow, I done it..=)

I hope you can help me.

Paolo

p.s. Apologize me for my bad english