Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:53:57 -0700
From:      "Netscape 4.0" <king@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        king@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu
Subject:   PC with multiple Operating Systems

Hello,

I  have a computer with about 1.6 and 3.0 Gig disk drives,
partitioned into 250-300 MB partitions. I have  Windows 3.1
and Linux installed, and  will soon add Windows95 and perhaps
Windows NT.  I would like also to add FreeBSD since I am
not entirely happy with Linux.  However I can't find documentation
to answer the following questions:

1. Can  FreeBSD easily coexist with the  other Operating systems?
    Can I boot FreeBSD  from DOS; can I boot FreeBSD from
    floppy and switch / to the hard disk?
2. Can FreeBSD read DOS FAT files, can FreeBSD read Linux
    ext2 systems
3.  I can use fdisk from Linux to create partitions
    readable from DOS and Linux.  Will FreeBSD recognize
    these partitions?

Answers, or pointers to documentation that answers, the above
questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

King Lee