Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:40:06 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        Pawel Matuszyk <PMATUSZYK@bh.com.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Olicom Token Ring Support for FreeBSD

In message <s4d1e986.071@bh.com.pl>,   you write:
>Hi!
>
>I have a questions concernig... I don't know if FBSD supports Olicom 3118 Toke
>n Ring cards.
>This is the standard 16/4 ToR with PnP. Unfortunatelly, Linux has no such a ab
>ility, mayby FBSD has?...
>

>Pawel G. Matuszyk
>
>Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A.
>Biuro Uslug Powierniczych
>ul. Chalubinskiego 8
>00-950 Warszawa
>tel. (+48 22) 690 36 38

Just got this today...

(Message inbox:1243)
Date:    Fri, 30 Jan 1998 05:32:00 PST
To:      storner@olicom.dk

From:    storner@olicom.dk
Subject: Olicom Linux Token-Ring driver released

part       text/plain                 832
Press <return> to show content...
The Olicom Linux Token-Ring driver supporting OC-3118 (ISA), OC-3136 (PCI)
and OC-3137 (PCI/II), was released earlier today.

Patches against the stock kernel source for Linux 2.0.33 and Linux 2.1.78
are available on the Olicom ftp server at
   ftp://ftp.olicom.dk/pub/releases/Unix-Driver/Linux/

Precompiled driver modules are not available, as this it not technically
possible. You will therefore need to recompile the Linux kernel yourself,
to use the Olicom driver.

However, precompiled Linux 2.0.33 kernel images are available for
RedHat 4.2, RedHat 5.0 and other systems.

If you are installing a new RedHat 4.2 or 5.0 system, customized installa-
tion disks are available from the Olicom ftp server, which have the driver
included.

Thanks You for your interest in Olicom products.

Regards,

Henrik Storner
Olicom A/S