Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:02:56 -0500
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com>
To:        "Ruslan Ermilov" <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Brian Somers" <brian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problem with PPP, tcpmssd and routing socket messages

Hi Ruslan,

> I do not know what happens here, though that's me who originally added
> the support for MTU change reports through route(4) socket:
>
> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/net/if.c,v
> Working file: if.c
> head: 1.95
> branch:
> locks: strict
> access list:
> keyword substitution: kv
> total revisions: 116;   selected revisions: 1
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.83
> date: 2000/01/24 08:53:39;  author: ru;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -2
> Notify user processes about interface's MTU change.
> Reviewed by:    wollman, freebsd-net
>
> Probably, if_tun.c needs a similar functionality added.
> Sorry, I can't investigate more at this time...
> I would suggest you to communicate with Brian Somers.

I've looked in if.c already. Isn't the code you did called for all interface
related IOCTLs ? Namely if I do a "ioctl(s, SIOCSIFMTU, &ifr)", it should be
first handled by if.c then dispatched to if_tun.c right ? So that means that
in all cases the RTM_IFINFO message should be sent.

The funny thing is that if I do a ifconfig tun0 mtu 1333, I see the proper
RTM_IFINFO messages...

Patrick.